- Patriot games: The Times of India, Editorial Article. Is Shilpa Shetty a national treasure? A rallying point for patriots at large? Or is it that patriotism - pride in and identification with a nation's culture and values - itself is assuming a post-modernist posture and has become kitsch?
- 5,000 Indian docs in UK return home: The Times of India, 16th Feburary, 2007. LONDON: Nearly 5,000 Indian doctors have so far returned home after failing to find suitable employment in Britain's National Health Service (NHS) that forced them to live with rats, cockroaches and scrounge for free meals in temples and gurudwaras.
- Who's afraid of IndianITES? The Times of India, 8th June 2003:"Foreign firms in the US create jobs. TCS, for instance, has 54 offices and employs scores of Americans. If Americans were to cut out immigrants and foreigners from its hi-tech world, it would collapse".
- Sons-of-the-soil theory taking shape in Pune: The Times of India, 12th June 2003:
“The workforce in the construction and jewellery sectors has hardly any Maharashtrians,” he said, expressing apprehension over the large number of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants being employed in jewellery shops.
- Govt's ID-card plan to boost smart card market: The Times of India, 12th June 2003:"
He said the introduction of the card system would also guard against illegal immigrants and infiltrators".
- DDA seeks EC nod for demolition:The Times of India, 7th March 2004:"
Another demolition drive DDA has sought permission for is a slum cluster in Masoodpur area. According to DDA, this cluster is occupied by immigrants from Bangladesh who have ration cards from Midnapore district of West Bengal".
- India seek Consular access to Indians arrested in Spain: The Times of India, 16th March 2004:" India will approach Spainish authorities Wednesday for Consular access to the two Indians, alleged to be illegal immigrants who have been held in connection with the serial bomb blasts in Madrid".
- Illegal influx: Bright lights beckon Bangladeshis: The Times of India, 5th April 2004:" Illegal Bangladeshi immigration has grown manifold over the years. Police estimates—and there are few to come by—peg the total number of illegal immigrants in India at over a crore".
- CPM hasn't called for ban on US goods, says leader: The Times of India, 2nd June 2002:" the immigrants included even middle-class people. He denied that his party was using illegal immigrants as vote banks. "In fact, it was the BJP which is using the immigrants in the border areas".
- Friendly Friction: The Times of India, 17th July 2003:"America has been more open to immigrants in the past 20 years than any other country in the world".